Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Doritos

As most of you know, I can't cook. I don't have the patience for it, I never got the gene for it, whatever. It's not my thing. So imagine my shock when I learn that UEA has no meal plan and we have to cook for ourselves.
Well, I took the easy way out. I buy microwavable meals that are ready in 10 minutes and I am a happy camper. But when you're eating two of these a day, they go quickly, sometimes you have to resort to that fateful S-word.

That's right. Spending money.

Buying food here (hell, buying anything here) is so damn expensive. And while I love going out to eat, spending 5 pounds on lunch (10 dollars) is not my idea of a pleasant dining experience. So while I am making due with microwavable meals, I keep around some snacks that provide nutritional value but rather the comforts of home.

Like Doritos.

I don't know what it is about ranch-flavored Doritos. I was never an overzealous fan of them in the past. But here, they are like bread and butter, a staple commodity in the world of junk food.

I ran out of Doritos last Friday, and planned the very next day to go out and buy a new bag. But it poured. Same for the next day. I'm not going to lie; I felt a little bit of Dorito withdrawal. However, sunny Monday came a long and I was saved. Happy days are here again.

PS-Last night I screwed up a microwave pizza. Note to self: when food comes in a box of two, and you eat one, do not throw away the box. Said box contains important details, like how long said pizza is supposed to cook. Whoops.

No comments: