Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pub Quizzes

There are few things that can consistently make me happy. One is clips from the show, "Whose Line is it Anyway?" Two is "The West Wing" (an obvious answer to most of you.) But since Youtube only provides so much and full video content is not free, I have to find something else to keep my spirits alive. And so I went for the next most blatant target: trivia.

My first pub quiz was for just the international students, and it was fun. The questions were pretty basic but challenging enough. My team tied for first place and we split a box of tchotchkes with the other team.

Last night I went to the quiz at the 21+ bar. it's nice being able to go in there because there are still a lot of kids here who go to the campus bar and get plastered every night, which doesn't thrill me at all. I was talking to the bartenders and they invited me to join their team for the quiz. Turns out their team is brilliant, and even though I couldn't contribute a lot (categories like British children's tv didn't help), I really enjoyed participating. Needless to say our team won and we got free drink vouchers for the bar. Pretty darn sweet.


So there it is. My saving grace. Trivia. Jimmy, I hope you're reading this!

Okay now I have to really go read Foucault.

Cheers!

No comments: